View previous topicView next topic
Deemark2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
To all our lovely swClub members,

Just a quick update in case you haven't visited the swClub forum lately.

The forum's recently had a facelift and is now sporting a new 'airy' modern look. The homepage is more condensed and it's quicker to navigate and generally more user-friendly. There are still a couple of tweaks we need to make to the layout and if you're accessing the forum via your mobile phone you may encounter a bug with the navigation bar, but stick with it - we'll sort it out soon!

With Facebook's overwhelming popularity, some may ask "Why carry on with a forum?". Our members themselves have answered this question... they say it's much more personal on our forum than in a Facebook group and it's more private too and less overwhelming. The forum provides a safe, supportive and non judgemental environment for members and in a more intimate setting.

Among other forum changes, we now also support other eating plans - not just Slimming World! Let's face it, we're all in it together and does it really matter which plan we are on, as long as it gets results?

In fact, we will soon be discussing a 'new' eating plan that might just revolutionise your weight loss. We'll tell you more about that later.

We've also decided to leave Weight Loss Diaries (weigh in threads) on the forum indefinitely, instead of moving them off the forum if they haven't been posted in for several months. If you can't find yours, let us know and we'll try and reinstate it for you.

By the way, we don't have a HTTPS web address, as this would cost us money and the forum is run on a purely voluntary basis, but please be assured that if your web browser does throw up the "This is not an https website" message, we are perfectly safe to visit, just like we always have been! For more info on this, visit our Forum News Blog here: http://slimmingworldclub.niceboard.org/f1-forum-news-blog

Look forward to seeing you soon!

swClub Forum
Together We Can!
Share this post on:diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Comments

on Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:35 pmJosie17c
Thanks for the update Dee, also for all your hard work and that of your fellow admin team 💐xx
on Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:31 amDeemark2
Aww thank you Josie! friends

We love helping our members and it is great to get positive feedback.  love1
on Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:45 amRedsil
Thank you Josie! Nice to be appreciated! smily
on Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:40 amTinkerbelle
Thanks Josie smily
on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:27 pmJulie
Hi everyone bye2 Liking the new look! Must be about a year since I last posted, I lost it totally and ended up putting all but 2lbs of my weight back on! Decided I needed something different so started a new plan beginning of January, didn't think there was any point coming back on here if I wasn't following SW, but I see from this post that you're supporting other plans too now  yey1

Anyway it's really working for me - I've totally changed my way of thinking, eating plenty so I'm never hungry and exercising and walking much more  yes1  I've lost 2st 3lbs so far  dance

Hope everyone is ok, it'll be nice to be in touch again hearts
on Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:55 pmDeemark2
@Julie wrote:Hi everyone bye2 Liking the new look! Must be about a year since I last posted, I lost it totally and ended up putting all but 2lbs of my weight back on! Decided I needed something different so started a new plan beginning of January, didn't think there was any point coming back on here if I wasn't following SW, but I see from this post that you're supporting other plans too now  yey1

Anyway it's really working for me - I've totally changed my way of thinking, eating plenty so I'm never hungry and exercising and walking much more  yes1  I've lost 2st 3lbs so far  dance

Hope everyone is ok, it'll be nice to be in touch again hearts
Great to see you back Julie! yay

Congrats on your new success, what plan are you doing?  If we haven't got a section on it yet, let me know and I'll set one up.
on Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:02 pmJulie
Thanks Dee give flowers Its an online coaching group on facebook, found it by chance and I'm so glad I did! It really is common sense - calories in versus calories out, and macros - I use my fitness pal app and a fitbit to track. Here's a link to the page which gives some info on it if anyone wants to have a look - be warned though there's lots of swearing and "no nonsense straight to the point" posts!  giggle There's some hilarious (but they certainly make you think) videos by Richie who runs it with his partner Rachael, and he absolutely hates juice plus etc, and says SW and WW can work but only to a certain extent (there's a video explaining that too)
on Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:04 pmJulie
Hi all, just an update bye2 My new plan is still going great, now lost 2st 11 and only 1lb off my target!  yey1 Never got this low before on SW, seriously anyone who's struggling to lose have a look at the link I put on my last post  smily

Last edited by Julie on Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
on Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:56 pmDeemark2
Thanks so much for your post Julie, so glad to hear that you're doing better than ever, well done! clap

Actually this is a great opportunity for me to reach out to all of our members.

I have thought about this carefully and have removed the link from Julie's post. Hope you don't feel this is harsh, Julie, but the truth is, facebook is a death knell to forums like ours. It seems that members are spending more and more time on fb but less and less time on forums and the problem with this is that we're getting fewer visits from members and when they do visit, they visit infrequently and post even less.

We believe that forums like ours have a lot more to offer than facebook - for example, minimal advertising, no snooping by fb to deliver more and more customised advertisements, a more intimate and private space to discuss a whole spectrum of topics as well as weight loss, easy to navigate and find posts/topics/replies etc. I could go on!

Unfortunately we sometimes get members who have not visited the forum in a long while come here and then criticise the forum because it doesn't appear to be very active and this is disheartening for the core members who do visit regularly and keep the forum going.

We've gladly opened up the forum over the years to incorporate different slimming plans, not just slimming world, and while we're happy to have our own 'in house' section in the forum devoted to other plans, tips, menus etc, sending our members away from this forum via external links is just another nail in our coffin.

We will do our best to keep this free forum open, active and interesting, but ultimately it's up to our members to frequent and post in the forum to keep things fresh and active. Without active members this forum will just stagnate. This forum team works hard to keep everything going and although it can feel like an uphill struggle - especially with overwhelming competition from the likes of facebook etc - it is extremely rewarding for us to know that we're helping others, in a whole host of different ways, and that we've made valuable friends along the way. hug5

I hope this post is received in the spirit in which it is intended give flowers  and invite our members to recommend us to a friend (or two!) no matter which plan they're following, so that we can once again have a bustling online community.

Whatever you're doing, whatever you're eating, always remember this - together we can!  thumbsup
on Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:23 pmRuby Tuesday
Thanks Dee. I wholeheartedly stand behind your words. 
This forum has helped me so much. It keeps me going. Of course, it's up to me to stay on plan. But sharing with and learning from other members are helpful tools for me to remind me that: yes I can!

And once again I want to thank all our administrators for the time and work they put in for the benefit of us all. 
So, with courtesy, I gladly return the  give flowers
on Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:07 pmJulie
So sorry Dee I didn't intend to send people away from this forum, it's been a big help to me too. I just wanted people who are struggling to lose to have a look at the plan that's really worked for me. I only put the link on because you now incorporate different plans, and imagine anyone that wanted to give it a go would still post on here, after all there are plenty of slimming world facebook pages too which work alongside this forum yes1 You said back in July that you could set up a section on it for me, I'd love to be able to still post here and do a food diary, but totally understand if you'd rather not great
Returning the flowers too! give flowers
on Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:24 pmDeemark2
@Ruby Tuesday wrote:Thanks Dee. I wholeheartedly stand behind your words. 
This forum has helped me so much. It keeps me going. Of course, it's up to me to stay on plan. But sharing with and learning from other members are helpful tools for me to remind me that: yes I can!

And once again I want to thank all our administrators for the time and work they put in for the benefit of us all. 
So, with courtesy, I gladly return the  give flowers
Aww thank you Ruby hearts
on Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:29 pmDeemark2
@Julie wrote:So sorry Dee I didn't intend to send people away from this forum, it's been a big help to me too. I just wanted people who are struggling to lose to have a look at the plan that's really worked for me. I only put the link on because you now incorporate different plans, and imagine anyone that wanted to give it a go would still post on here, after all there are plenty of slimming world facebook pages too which work alongside this forum yes1 You said back in July that you could set up a section on it for me, I'd love to be able to still post here and do a food diary, but totally understand if you'd rather not great
Returning the flowers too! give flowers

So many flowers, thank you! hearts

I know that wasn't your intention, Julie, so please don't feel bad. hug5

I'm more than happy to set up a section here and it would be good to see how the plan works. All I ask is that we talk about it and support each other here, plus it would be good for our members to have another string to their slimming bow so to speak.
on Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:08 pmJulie
That would be great Dee thanks! smily
on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:38 pmDeemark2
@Julie wrote:That would be great Dee thanks! smily

You're welcome Julie. thumbsup

I've set up the new forum here: http://slimmingworldclub.niceboard.org/c1-calories-in-v-calories-out-plan

There are 2 sub forums for it: one for chat and one for recipes. If you need any other sub forums just give me a shout.
on Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:21 pmJulie
@Deemark2 wrote:
@Julie wrote:That would be great Dee thanks! smily

You're welcome Julie. thumbsup

I've set up the new forum here: http://slimmingworldclub.niceboard.org/c1-calories-in-v-calories-out-plan

There are 2 sub forums for it: one for chat and one for recipes. If you need any other sub forums just give me a shout.

That's great, I can only actually see a recipe forum but no problem, I'll post on there what the plan's about, I don't really have recipes I just calorie count everything I eat! great
on Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:18 pmDeemark2
Sorry about that, Julie, I've now changed the forum permissions and you should be able to see it. I've deleted the recipe bit and we now have just a chat section and have moved your post into there. If we need to set up any other further areas for that plan as it grows, let me know. great
on Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:26 pmJulie
@Deemark2 wrote:Sorry about that, Julie, I've now changed the forum permissions and you should be able to see it. I've deleted the recipe bit and we now have just a chat section and have moved your post into there. If we need to set up any other further areas for that plan as it grows, let me know. great

Cheers Dee thumbsup
View previous topicView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum