View previous topicView next topic
Deemark2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
PLEASE READ:

You may have noticed that forum post times are being displayed incorrectly.
yes1

The service technicians have made changes to the forum software so that timezone settings are now much more precise (i.e. you can be sure that the forum will show the right time according to your location).

However, the choice of timezone locations is now much larger than it was before, so our members will have to make a minor settings adjustment to display the correct time on forum posts, as the default setting may be currently incorrect due to the software change.  (It is important to choose a Timezone which corresponds most closely to your geographical location.) 

How to check/change your timezone settings

1. Click your PROFILE link - either via the top of the forum navigation bar, or in the right hand sidebar widget (i.e. the box on the far right of the forum; just under your avatar it says "My profile").

2. Then click on the PREFERENCES tab.

3. Scroll down until you see TIMEZONE (at the bottom of your preferences list, just above DATE FORMAT).

4. Choose the Timezone according to your country/areaFor UK members, choose EUROPE - London (UTC +00:00)

5. Now click SAVE.

6. All forum post times should now be displayed correctly.

thumbsup

Last edited by Deemark2 on Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Share this post on:diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Comments

on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:54 pmTinkerbelle
Done, I was just about to post that my threads had the wrong time on lol giggle
on Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:10 amDeemark2
*Tinkerbelle* wrote:Done, I was just about to post that my threads had the wrong time on lol giggle
Well done TInk, you're as eagle-eyed as ever! clap   I wonder if anyone else has noticed? giggle

Btw I have edited my original post to set it as a forum announcement.
on Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:37 amCarolyn
*Deemark2* wrote:Well done TInk, you're as eagle-eyed as ever! clap   I wonder if anyone else has noticed? giggle

I have just come online and noticed that you had posted at a time that had not arrived yet!  Thanks for the info great
on Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:39 pmDeemark2
*Carolyn* wrote:
*Deemark2* wrote:Well done TInk, you're as eagle-eyed as ever! clap   I wonder if anyone else has noticed? giggle

I have just come online and noticed that you had posted at a time that had not arrived yet!  Thanks for the info great
Ooh I'm thinking "Back to The Future"... now wouldn't that be great if I had that power lol? giggle
on Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:23 pmRuby Tuesday
I had noticed. But as an old trooper I will not rise a ruckus about any such details  giggle
It always gets put right in the end.
on Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:17 pmRedsil
Never knew.... done! great
on Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:27 pmChristine
I'd spotted it too, fixed now giggle
on Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:55 pmDeemark2
@Ruby Tuesday wrote:I had noticed. But as an old trooper I will not rise a ruckus about any such details  giggle
It always gets put right in the end.

*Christine* wrote:I'd spotted it too, fixed now giggle

Ah, we have more eagle-eyed members! clap
on Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:45 pmMrsShazbat
Don't know whether this is relevant, but when I'm logging in I usually go straight to the 'latest posts' screen and now I'm getting the message that nothing meets my search criteria which, looking at the homepage, it clearly does.  I did my timezone reset thing yesterday.
on Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:20 pmDeemark2
@MrsShazbat wrote:Don't know whether this is relevant, but when I'm logging in I usually go straight to the 'latest posts' screen and now I'm getting the message that nothing meets my search criteria which, looking at the homepage, it clearly does.  I did my timezone reset thing yesterday.
Not sure why it's doing that.  Try the Today's Active Topics link and see what happens.
on Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:46 pmDeemark2
bump
on Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:59 pmRuby Tuesday
Still works fine for me.
on Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:51 pmDeemark2
@Ruby Tuesday wrote:Still works fine for me.
Thanks Ruby great
on Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:54 pmDeemark2
Just bumping this up so it shows in the the Forum News feed (on the right). yes1
on Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:55 amDeemark2
bump 

Just bumping this post up for members that may not have been on the forum for a while and have not set their default time in their profiles.

thumbsup
View previous topicView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum